What is the color that comes to your mind when thinking about German shepherds? Although the German shepherd black and red is not too familiar, this show line dog is very special.
Besides that, this breed is lovable for a reason. If you are interested in it, let’s see what makes this breed special and why you must have a German shepherd black and red long coat.
Why Is the German Shepherd Black and Red Very Special?
For your information, red and black long haired German shepherd is not only friendly but also brave, confident, and intelligent.
Then, they are susceptible to exercise. In addition, they belong to the most loving, loyal, and devoted dogs.
People consider them as special dogs because of the following reasons:
- Firstly, they are the most popular shepherd dogs for show dogs. In fact, they enjoy obstacle courses, games, and training. Moreover, they are very obedient.
- Secondly, these AKC-recognized purebred dogs belong to the 11 color variations of German shepherds around the world.
- Thirdly, the red color may vary. Some of them come with tan & black while some others have darker red & black coat coloring.
- Fourthly, the red color is a result of a recessive gene. But that gene belongs to the least recessive genes.
- Next, the red color will fade to a tan color or lighter mahogany as they get older. That is why breeders separate a German shepherd black and red from the tan/brown ones.
- Lastly, their coat lengths can be different, ranging from short to medium.
German Shepherd Black and Red Estimated Price
When it comes to German shepherd black and red price, it depends on some factors such as color pattern, condition, bloodline, and age.
Usually, females are the most expensive where they cost from $ 2,000 to $7,000 because people use them for breeding purposes.
On the other hand, adult males commonly cost lower where their price range starts from $1,500 to $3,000.
What about small puppies? Of course, you can purchase the Red and Black German Shepherd Puppies at a lower price but they still belong to the priciest ones.
These price ranges come from online sales. So, prices can differ from one region to another. By knowing these price ranges, you can prepare your budget before buying a German shepherd.
Tips in Buying a German Shepherd Black Red
Before buying them, make sure that the German shepherds are not only healthy but also free of diseases and parasites.
Besides that, ensure that the puppies have got updated vaccinations. The breeders should also check the health & clearances of the parents.
Then, the pedigree & age of the puppies are verified. In addition, ensure that they are well-socialized and have good appetites.
Moreover, you must also consider their behaviors and personalities and whether you can provide them with the proper environment or not.
You can find a reputable breeder to purchase a puppy. Or, just look for an animal shelter or canine rescue where you can find a German shepherd black red that needs a home.
Before buying and bringing the puppies into your home, you have to understand how to care for them properly.
You will also need to provide physical & mental stimulation to them. Even more, you have to ensure that they are properly-socialized.
Furthermore, you must provide them with grooming sessions & veterinary care. You must also maintain the proper hygiene through teeth cleaning and nail trimming.
Interactive toys will also be useful to let them play. Or it will be a good idea to take them for walks & runs regularly.
German Shepherd Black Red Facts
As a dog lover, you have to know about the following facts of black red German shepherds:
- Firstly, they do not belong to a separate dog breed. However, they are a rare breed & a variation of the standard German shepherd black & tan.
- Secondly, they are not a unique dog breed by major kennel clubs or standard breeders.
- Thirdly, they come in different colors such as a darker mahogany, reddish-ta, or lighter color.
- Next, they belong to the most famous & rarest colors. Usually, they are loyal and intelligent. Moreover, they make good companions.
- Then, the black red color results from the combination of 2 recessive genes from both parents.
- In addition, they are easily trainable and have a high IQ. Even more, they have double-coat fur for protecting them from intense rain, snow, and wind.
- Nonetheless, the double-cut fur of the German shepherd black red provides a fluffy, luxurious, and impressive look to them.
- They also make a good family pet due to their loving and sociable nature. Besides that, they belong to good working dogs due to their great instincts.
What to Ask the German Shepherd Black Red Breeder
To ensure the best Black German shepherd buying experience, you need to ask the following questions to the breeder.
First of all, you have to know whether the parents have allergies or health issues so that you can be aware of.
Second of all, let you know whether you can meet the puppies so that you can make the wise decision.
Third of all, it is important to ask whether any puppies act aggressively towards children or other animals.
Besides that, do not forget to ask about vaccinations and socializations of the puppies before you buy them.
Even more, you can ask the breeder whether it is possible to discuss with other people who have bought dogs from them to know the idea of their buying experience.
One more thing, the breeder must question you about your home and lifestyle. A good breeder will also explain you about the right care.
To sum up, the red black German shepherd was bred to be working dogs and care for sheep. Now, they make excellent pets.
Buying and caring for a German shepherd black red may be pricey. Therefore, you must be careful to make sure that you get a healthy puppy.