Boiled chicken and rice are excellent homemade food for dogs, especially when they suffer from diarrhea and other health problems. Moreover, the veterinary doctor recommended chicken and rice for black german shepherds when their gastrointestinal tract and function are disturbed.
Chicken and rice for dogs are highly preferred because they are high in protein and carbohydrate and easily digestible.
If you want to know what a cooked chicken and rice dog food recipe is, then you are in the right place. In addition to this, I also mention how much homemade food to feed your dog, the complete procedure of chicken and rice dog food recipe divided into two portions. The first portion consists of chicken boiling, then prepares the rice for dogs.
Cook Chicken and Rice for Dogs
How to Boil Chicken for Dogs
If you want to prepare a blended diet that is easily digestible for your dog, follow the below steps, including boiled chicken and rice for dogs.
- The First step is the boiled chicken. You must choose the breast chicken. The meat of the legs and thighs is fattier than other parts. The recipe for chicken and rice is very suitable if your dog is facing some stomach problems.
- If you want to clear all fat from the chicken after boiling, then place it in refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. After that, you can easily remove fat from chicken. Moreover, you can also collect all fat on the top of the broth.
- In the third step, you can separate all small and long bones from the chicken because it causes trouble while eating.
- Moreover, it’s very beneficial if the chicken is boneless and skinless.
- If you utilize the chicken with skin, then you must clean and remove it before cooking this fat in the recipe. After boiling the chicken, remove all broth and set it aside.
How to Add Rice to Make Chicken and Rice for Dogs
After soaking for a few minutes, you cook the rice in a broth of boiling chicken. Remember that you must use white rice when your dog is facing stomach issues. The number of fibers in brown rice is high than in white.
So white rice is highly recommended. Moreover, the correct quantity of rice and chicken is necessary. So two parts of cooked rice are perfect for one part of cooked, boiled chicken.
When the rice is thoroughly cooked, then wait for removing heat; after that, you can mix the chicken and rice before serving food to the dog.
How much Chicken and Rice Should I Feed my Dog with Diarrhea
If your dog is recently suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, then the correct concentration of food is necessary. You must give your dog a small quantity of chicken by adding boil rice to it.
But the chicken is must free of bones and skin. Moreover, the quantity of food is small until the stool of the dog is back to normal. In contrast to this, when the viscosity of the seat is back to normal, then the duration between the meals is increased.
You continue to use this chicken and rice dog food recipe until your dog is fully recovering. Moreover, never miss a blended diet in your dog’s daily food routine because it is another cause of stomach disturbance in dogs. If no betterment is shown in your dog, you must get a suggestion from a veterinary doctor.
How much Chicken and Rice for Dog by Weight
How much boiled Chicken and Rice to feed your dog according to age?
Chicken and Rice for Puppies:
The daily calorie requirements for puppies: For the 10lb puppy, your daily calorie requirement is 990.
For Inactive Dogs:
The daily calorie requirement of dogs 10lb and 30lb is 296 and 674 calories. Moreover, for 70lb and 90 lb dogs, the daily calorie requirement is raised in 1272 and 1540.
For Adult Active Dogs:
Active adult dogs of 10lb and 30lb require 404 and 922 calories per day, while dogs whose weight is 70lb and 90lb require 1740 and 2100 calories, respectively.
For Pregnant Dogs:
If we talk about the pregnant dogs, then dog of weight 10lb and 30lb requires 518 and 1274 calories per day. Moreover, 70lb and 90lb dogs’ daily dietary requirements per day are 2570 and 3170, respectively.
FOR Young Adult Dogs:
According to the weight of dogs, like for 10lb, 50lb 70lb, and 90lb, the daily calorie requirements are 436, 993, 1451, 1876, 2264, respectively.
For Older Active Dogs:
If we talk about older active dogs, then the per calorie requirements of 20lb and 50lb dogs are 327 and 745. Moreover, for 70lb and 90lb dogs, the calorie requirement is 1407 and 1700, respectively.
Benefits Of Boiled Chicken and Rice for Dogs
There are the following benefits of rice for dogs.
- Energy booster: by eating white rice, your dog becomes energetic.
- Easily digestible: this food is easily digestible because it is low-fat food.
- Rich source of vitamin D: white rice is a rich source of vitamin D with less sodium.
- Lowering blood cholesterol: it also very helpful for reducing cholesterol levels.
- Black German Shepherd VS Belgian Shepherd
- Boiled Chicken and Rice for Dogs | Recipe for Dogs
- Home Remedies For a Sick Dog Not Eating | What To Give a Dog For Upset Stomach and Vomiting
Reference: Dog Food